Here’s my current weekly leg day lift program for the next 4 weeks. It’s pretty amazing how mixing it up using the same tried and true leg exercises, can really shock the lower body (well shocks my legs anyway). I’m definitely a little wobbly for a few days after each sesh!
Despite the exercises being on the high rep side, I go as heavy as I can with strict form. For example, for my barbell squat, I start with 95 total pounds for 20 reps and eventually build up to 135lbs for the last 3 sets of 12 reps. Right now, I am only comfortable doing 135lbs using bench squats since I do not have a spotter. Once I build up to banging out 12 reps of bench squats at 135lbs easily, I will remove the bench and try for a regular deep squat at 135lbs.
- Barbell Squat: 20 reps / 15 reps / 12 reps / 12 reps / 12 reps (5 total sets)
- Cable Deadlift: 20 reps / 15 reps / 12 reps / 12 reps (4 total sets)
- Leg Press: 20 reps / 15 reps / 12 reps / 12 reps (4 total sets)
- DB lateral lunges: 10 reps per leg / 10 reps per leg (2 total sets)
- Air Squats: 100 reps (1 total set)
- Mountain Climbers: 30-seconds on, 30-seconds off, repeat 3x
- Full Sit-Ups: 30-seconds on, 30-seconds off, repeat 3x